- Food Chain Sustainability Special Interest Group – our ambition is to provide a one-stop shop for information on sustainability in the food chain.
- Total Food 2017 – (31st October – 2 November 2017) is the fifth in a series of international conferences which focus on the sustainable exploitation of agri-food co-products and related biomass, thereby helping to minimise waste.
- Total Food 2014– (11th – 13th November 2014) – oral presentations are available online.
- National Collection of Yeast Cultures – the UK’s premier collection of yeast cultures, holding over 4000 strains collected over 50 years.
- Food Waste Network (FoodWasteNet) – a new Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council funded Network in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (BBSRC NIBB). FoodWasteNet is an active community of industrialists and academics developing novel and commercially viable biotechnology processes that yield higher value products from agri-food processing waste including deriving chemicals, material and energy.
- REFRESH – an EU research project taking action against food waste. 26 partners from 12 European countries and China work towards the project’s goal to contribute towards Sustainable Development Goal 12.3 of halving per capita food waste at the retail and consumer level and reducing food losses along production and supply chains, reducing waste management costs, and maximizing the value from un-avoidable food waste and packaging materials.
Other Sustainability Links
- Biosciences Knowledge Transfer Network
- DEFRA (the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, UK)
- Environmental Sustainability Knowledge Transfer Network
- WRAP (the Waste & Resources Action Programme)